If your goal is to burn belly fat and get a super flat stomach in just a few days, these chair exercises for abs will be for you.
A chair is all you need for toned, sculpted abs. Let’s discover together the 7 abdominal exercises to do with a chair for a flat stomach in 7 days.
For many, a flat stomach is an aesthetic requirement and they only train to show off turtle abs at the beach. But having toned abdominal muscles is important for having good posture and protecting against health problems related to obesity and the internal accumulation of fat around vital organs.
You can tone your abs and even tone your waist by doing these 7 exercises every day, maybe every night in front of the TV or even at the office, why not.
These exercises are optimal if done as the only workout of the day or in combination with other workouts that don’t work the abdominal area, such as a targeted workout on the legs and buttocks or an arm sequence.
Correct abdominal position
While you are doing the exercise, perform this simple test to check if you are doing it correctly: Put your hand on your stomach, if it is rejected, it means you are doing it badly, if on the contrary your stomach hardens and then goes in you do. it’s true.
Note: Between repetitions, take a 60-second break and a 2-minute break between each exercise. Are you ready?
7 chair exercises for abs
Before starting training, it is best to do a warm-up exercise. These exercises are designed to release muscle tension and prepare your body for the actual workout.
Here’s how to do the warm-up exercise with the chair:
- Sit on the edge of a chair, keep your hands in your lap.
- Slowly lean back while keeping your back straight and contracting your stomach.
- Your back can touch the back of the chair, but you don’t have to fully lean against it.
- Slowly return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise 10 to 12 times.
Twists for Oblique Abs
This exercise is intended to strengthen and tone the oblique abdominals:
- Sit on the edge of the chair with your back straight.
- Bend your arms and place them to support the back of your head.
- Shift your torso to the left, keeping your hips and legs straight.
- Hold this position for about 3-5 seconds, then move your torso to the right.
- Repeat this exercise 10 to 12 times for best results.
This is a great exercise for the abs, do this:
- Keep your hands together and behind your head.
- Slowly lean forward. Make sure you are not supporting your arms when bending over.
- Repeat this 15 times for best results.
- Once you feel very fit, you can move on to the more intense version by gradually increasing the reps.
Raise the knees to the chest with the hands
This exercise works wonders for the abs, hips, and obliques:
- Sit comfortably in the chair.
- Bend your right leg and pull it towards your chest, keeping your hands on your knees.
- Hold this position for about 5 seconds.
- Then return to the starting position.
- Repeat the exercise using the left leg.
- Repeat 15 times for each leg.
Knee to chest raises with leg stretch
This exercise is the best for getting six pack abs. But before trying it, make sure your chair is stable enough:
- Lean back on the chair and keep your legs together.
- Bring your knees to your chest.
- Hold this position for 3 seconds.
- Extend your legs, without touching the floor, then bring your knees to your chest.
- Do 10-12 reps for best results.
This exercise brings you closer to your dream size:
- Sit relaxed on the chair.
- Bend your knees and pull them towards your chest.
- First rotate your legs clockwise, then counter-clockwise. You will feel a stretch in the abdominal muscles and thigh muscles.
- Repeat this exercise 10 times.
This is a great exercise for toning your lower abs:
- Lean into the chair and hold the sides of the chair with both hands.
- Lift your legs and stretch them out in front of you.
- Now cross one leg over the other and hold this position for 2 seconds.
- Repeat this exercise 10 to 12 times for each leg.
- To have a flat stomach and enjoy a good chocolate bar, follow this training circuit for a month, respecting the step-by-step instructions and the recovery times indicated.