The best way to consume the vitamins and minerals present in carrots is certainly by drinking carrot juice. This juice not only tastes delicious, as it also brings many health benefits. Check out some of the best reasons to include this powerful juice in your weight loss diet below.
Carrot is also an excellent food for health, because it is rich in vitamin A, B and C, minerals such as iron, calcium, copper, phosphorus, iodine, sodium, zinc, manganese and bromine. The vitamins present stimulate the nervous system and increase the body’s defense, which makes carrots excellent for the body’s immunity. The nutrients benefit the eyes, skin, hair, bones and mucous membranes.
Carrot also helps reduce cholesterol, as well as beet. It works as a tonic, promoting hemoglobin, which carries oxygen in the blood; it helps regulate the bowel, as it has a laxative effect that eliminates impurities and toxins. Some medical conditions can also be improved with carrots such as sinusitis, anemia, liver problems, ulcers and coughs.
Therefore, the consumption of this legume is essential when preparing dishes, but an interesting alternative is the preparation of juices, a faster and simpler alternative to benefit from these ingredients. The juice can also be composed of other foods and fruits.
Benefits of Carrot Juice
1. Boost your immunity. Carrot juice contains many vitamins and minerals, such as vitamin B6, K, potassium, phosphorus, etc. And all these nutrients can contribute to bone health, a strengthened nervous system and better brain health. A glass of juice a day can be excellent for boosting your immunity.
2. A great help for eye health. When we talk about eye health, it’s good to know that vitamin A is a key ingredient. Red foods, such as pumpkins, tomatoes and carrots, are rich in a pigment called beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A after consumption. Vitamin A deficiency can bring symptoms such as vision loss and night blindness, so foods like carrot juice are of great importance for your eye health.
3. Reduces cholesterol levels. This is one of the great benefits of carrot juice. Its potassium present in the drink can help reduce cholesterol levels, in addition to reducing fat in the liver, being also important for the health of this organ. Potassium, along with manganese and magnesium, can stabilize blood sugar levels, also helping to reduce the risk of diabetes.
4. Prevents cancer. To drink the juice will greatly increase the amount of carotenoids supplied to your body, which is proven to decrease the chances of colon, breast, prostate and bladder cancer.
5. Good heart health. Carrots are foods rich in fiber and antioxidants, which will keep your heart health in good condition, removing plaques from the arteries and maintaining good blood circulation.
6. Anti-aging. How can carrot juice slow down the years? As a rich source of vitamin A, this potent drink reduces cell degeneration and slows down the body’s aging. It can also increase the supply of collagen to the skin, which helps maintain its elasticity and reduce visible signs of aging, such as sagging skin and wrinkles.
- Celery tea to lose belly fat and slim waist
- Refresh yourself with this beautiful mermaid lemonade
- benefits of drinking orange water that you didn’t know
- Amazing lavender lemonade to get rid of headaches and anxiety
Bellow are some good carrot juice recipes with legumes and fruits to inspire you and with detoxifying effects to your body.
1. Carrot and orange smoothie recipe
It is famous for 2 simple reasons: delicious and healthy.
- 2 large chopped carrots
- 1 large or 2 medium oranges
- Ginger option
- Water or ice
- Put all the ingredients into a blender
- Add ice and/or very cold water to taste
- Crush everything until the ingredients are completely ground into a smoothie
1- The ingredient level, as we have mentioned, ginger can be added to give it a spicy gastronomic touch but it is also very healthy. Other ingredients for the smoothie are celery, lemon (more acidic), apple (sweetener), pineapple (sweetener and diuretic) or aromatic herbs such as mint or mint.
2- Orange and carrot juice is very good for workout because it is loaded with vitamin D and C and helps the skin benefit from the sun. Therefore, if you get a tan (with caution) it is great to combine it with cream and fruit smoothies.
3- Is it bad? is it too acidic? is it problematic in aids? the answer is no. Unless you have stomach problems or fruit intolerance, a fruit juice or smoothie is never going to be bad. It’s true that with a meal like rice and chicken that settles better, it shouldn’t produce any problems.
4- And the same goes for pregnancy: this recipe can be taken and since they are natural ingredients they should not be harmful.
5- If you’re thinking of giving your baby one, it’s best to ask your pediatrician or doctor first. That said, softened with milk or any other ingredient, it’s a healthy meal.
6- Remember, if you strain it, you lose a lot of healthy fiber for constipation and going to the bathroom (even though you gain in making it more drinkable). In any case, enjoy it.
2. This is a super healthy carrot and apple smoothie, ideal for empty stomach
The carrot and apple smoothie mixes a sweet and rich fruit like the apple with the healthy carrot. It will make a healthy shake, loaded with nutrients, sweet to the palate and full of fiber. In addition, since it is without milk and with ice, it will be a kind of light carrot smoothie. Let’s go with the ingredients!
- 2-3 clean cut carrots per person
- 1 block
- 1 glass of water or a glass of ice
- Green vegetable optional
- Clean and peel all the ingredients and add them into a blender or mixer.
- Add 1/2 glass of ice and 1/2 glass of water.
- Crush at maximum power, since carrots are not easy to leave liquid
- Once you are ready, you can rectify the water/sweetener if necessary and ready to serve!
3. Delicious Carrot Milk and Nut Smoothie
- 2 large or 3-4 small carrots
- A banana.
- A bunch of nuts.
- 1/2 liter of water or almond milk.
- 1/2 small spoonful of cinnamon powder.
- 1/4 of a small spoonful of nutmeg ( optional )
- 1 piece of vanilla pod or a small spoonful of vanilla extract ( optional )
- Take the carrots and remove the skin with a peeler. Then cut them and put them aside.
- Next peel the banana and slice it.
- Remove the skin of nuts to get access to the fruit in case they don’t come clean.
- Put them in a mixer or blender and crush them for a few minutes until you get a smooth liquid without lumps.
- You can change the texture by adding or removing almond milk or water, until it is to your liking.
- Finally, a delicious and nutritious carrot smoothie is ready.
- Just serve it in glasses and drink it fresh.
Recommendations and alternative ingredients
It is possible to use another nut in place of walnuts. However, you should not be afraid to change the almond milk for the one you like. In any case, the result will be a very nutritious shake that will help your digestion.
Carrots contain a high level of beta-carotene, an antioxidant substance responsible for preventing certain types of cancer. Also, they improve blood circulation and prevent premature aging of cells.
Therefore, as you can see, this vegetable is very beneficial for your body, ideal for reducing cholesterol levels and very low in sugar, ideal for diabetics and weight loss diets.
4. Carrot and oat smoothie, satiety, energy and good for a weight loss diet.
This smoothie or juice will be especially interesting since it combines a vegetable and fruit if wanted, plus an interesting source of hydration such as oatmeal. A healthy mix to help you lose weight when used as an alternative for a food, particularly when eating unhealthy foods.
In addition, it is a good choice to combine nutritious and energetic ingredients that make a good breakfast.
- 2-3 chopped carrots
- 3-4 tablespoons of oats
- Sweetener or honey
- A fruit of your choice. Orange, apple and pineapple ( optional )
- Water or ice to taste.
If you are an athlete or training at a gym, you can also add some spoons if you have protein powder (unflavored, or that combines).
- If oatmeal is flaked, add them to the mixer first and crush it. If necessary, add a pinch of water.
- If you’ re using oat flour or ground oats, skip this step.
- Add the vegetables, fruits and oats in the blender or mixer.
- Then add sweetener and water/ice/milk to taste.
- Grind at full strength
- Check the texture and flavor of the smoothie with the machine on pause and with the help of a spoon. Correct or serve.
5. Carrot and beet juice
Beet is a food that brings many health benefits. It has several nutrients such as vitamins A, C and B complex. It has phosphorus, magnesium, zinc and potassium. It helps strengthen the immune system, prevents oxidation of the arteries, has important mineral salts and is excellent for treating arthritis and controlling blood pressure.
- A clean medium-size beet cooked.
- 2 large clean cut carrots.
- 1 orange juice or 1 orange ( optional )
- Juice of a lemon or a lime ( optional )
- Optional sweetener
- 1 glass of water or ice to taste
- First of all, is to get the beets cooked. As we mentioned, you can cook the carrots if you want.
- You can also do everything raw if you are raw, but the texture can be worse.
- Once ready, add beets, carrots, fruits -orange, lemon- cleaned and peeled or their juices, sweetener and water or ice.
- Blend everything until there are no more lumps.
- Use a strainer if you want a more juice.
6. Carrot and Spinach Smoothie
Green juices are excellent for a healthy diet and keep cholesterol levels and triglycerides from skyrocketing. In addition, carrots are rich in fiber, minerals and vitamins, and have antioxidant effects. All these properties, together from those of vegetables such as spinach or chard, make this drink the best ally to lose those extra kilos and have a low calorie diet.
- 4 medium sized carrots
- 2 leaves of spinach, chard, arugula or lettuce
- 1/2 glass of water
- Turmeric optional
- Skin the carrots and slice them into pieces.
- Put these ingredients together in the blender glass with 1/2 glass of water and crush them for 1 minute.
- It is recommended to drink one glass on an empty stomach and another after every meal during two weeks, for maximum effect.