A current fever, crochet brings back grandma’s times and gives that vintage and modern look simultaneously. There is no lack of new stitches, wefts, and styles. The most popular of these days is Tunisian crochet, which is gaining followers everywhere. Want to learn more about this beautiful technique? Then, check it out:
What is Tunisian crochet
The name says it all: Tunisian crochet came from Tunisia and has gained adepts all over the world. A bit more elaborate than regular crochet, it consists of closed, thick, firm wefts. And there are many things you can make with this crochet, from bags, to pillows, to clothes, and blankets to warm your days!
As with all crochet work, two materials are essential: needle and thread! And for Tunisian crochet you will need a special needle and various threads. Want to know a little more about the specifics of each? Well, have a look:
There are several sizes of Tunisian crochet needles, but they all have one thing in common, they are a mixture of the crochet needle and the knitting needle. With a little hook on the ends, they are very firm to make the necessary stitches. And it is always good to remember: invest in a quality product, ok?
Threads also vary greatly depending on your needs and the work you wish to do. The most commonly used threads are usually 100% cotton, string, and wool. A very nice idea is to vary the thread colors according to the piece you are going to make. You can mix several colors and create unique and beautiful patterns!
When it comes to Tunisian crochet, the rule is to understand that each work will require a different material. So, familiarize yourself little by little with the stitches and pieces you want to make. Then, you will buy what you think is necessary and feasible for each moment.
To start making your pieces with beautiful Tunisian crochet, you need to know some of the most common and used stitches. The first is the toothpick, which serves as the starting point for the stitches. The knitting stitch is the intermediate stitch, which is a bit more complex. Finally, the fancy stitch requires more experience with Tunisian crochet, but results in beautiful products! Learn a little more about each of them:
The stick stitch is the basis for Tunisian crochet. Very easy, it is the grouping of several little chains, one next to the other. The secret is not to press the stitches too tightly, leaving them loose. This makes it much easier to arrange the little correntinhas!
A bit more complex, the fancy stitch is known for having a tight and closed knot. It is great for making charming baskets, blankets, sweaters, and pots. The extra care is in the final stitching, which must be very firm.
See how easy it is to start adventuring in Tunisian crochet stitches? The tip is to practice the stick stitch a lot, because once you’re good at it, you can move on to the others without fear of making mistakes!
65 Tunisian crochet pictures to get inspired by beautiful and varied patterns
Now that you know the basics of Tunisian crochet, how about checking out how this wonderful technique works in practice? We have separated several beautiful pieces for you to inspire yourself and test them at home. It ranges from options for your outfits to interior decoration. It is worth checking it out:
1. Tunisian crochet unites traditional and modern
2. He is beautiful, sophisticated and very elegant
3. Stitches tend to be closer together
4. And they give that air of a job well done and finished.
5. Thanks to its versatility, it can be used in different parts
6. Whether it’s clothes
7. Like a really cool blouse
8. In blankets to warm your days
9. Handbags, which are a great option to innovate the look
10. Or a home accessory, like baskets
11. And even beds for pets
12. Who has children at home will love the options of dolls
13. They are charming in this kind of stitch
14. Look at this Harry Potter how cute
15. And nothing better than a warm drink to go along with your reading
16. The cup holders with this type of crochet are pure charm
17. And you can even combine it with a little outfit for the mug
18. The idea is to invest in the smallest details
19. Crochet goes very well with the cold, doesn’t it?
20. You can invest in a very warm cap
21. And vary the colors
22. Because this piece is synonym of versatility
23. And it goes well with various looks
24. You can also combine it with a scarf
25. Which, by the way, gives an air of sophistication
26. And elegance that only winter has
27. You can vary a lot in the scarf model
28. From something more simple
29. To a more modern and trendy version
30. Do you want to keep your hands warm too?
31. Then throw yourself into a piece like this
32. The little ones are not left out of this fashion
33. There is a more beautiful outfit than the other
34. Which promise to leave the kids mega stylish
35. So, bet on the color variation
36. And various models
37. Moms can also bet on Tunisian crochet blouses
38. There is everything from cooler blouses
39. And that are great for mid-season
40. Even warm and stylish cardigans
41. Even the little dogs are part of this fashion!
42. And, of course, the purses couldn’t be left out
43. An indispensable accessory, they are very versatile
44. And they can vary in size
45. Different models
46. And well-mixed colors
47. The bags are very on trend
48. As well as wallets that can be used as purses
49. Varies according to your needs and tastes
50. The tip is to invest in different pieces
51. That go with your day to day looks
52. Who likes home decoration will love these cushions
53. They make any environment more beautiful
54. Or this blanket to throw over the armchair
55. And give that cozy feeling
56. Tunisian crochet is also perfect for bedding
57. It is charming and very beautiful!
58. There is no lack of options with this kind of crochet
59. That can be used in several pieces
60. And they rescue the nostalgia of grandma’s accessories
61. But without losing the modernity of nowadays
62. You just need to let your imagination go
63. And bet on different accessories
64. With the stitch you think is coolest
65. And that color that is just right for you