Want to lose weight but the number on the scale won’t budge? Or do you suffer from facial puffiness, body swelling, skin problems, and cellulite? These symptoms may be signs that your lymphatic system is not functioning properly. It’s like a pump that’s always on: when it’s not working and the lymph circulates more slowly, toxins accumulate in the body and the internal organs are affected by the unnecessary stress.
To restore proper lymphatic flow and thus lose weight and improve your health, you can do simple things: move more, drink more, do a simple lymphatic drainage massage and exercise.
We have chosen a simple set of exercises that are excellent for speeding up the lymph. It will be especially useful for those whose physical activity leaves much to be desired.
Benefits of Lymphatic Drainage:
- Removes excess fluid from the body
- Strengthens the immune system
- Strengthening the nervous system
- Improve skin tone
You should not stimulate the lymph during
- Cancerous diseases
- Inflammatory diseases
- Lymphadenitis and lymphadenopathy
1. Clavicle Massage
- Lie on your back on a flat surface. Cross your arms over your chest so that the fingers of your left palm are under your right clavicle and the fingers of your right palm are under your left clavicle. Lift your elbows so that your fingers press into these areas and sink into the fossae.
- Inhale at start, exhale while pressing.
- Repeat 15 to 20 times.
2. Rolling On Your Feet
- Stand upright with arms at sides and feet parallel to each other. Lift onto your toes, hold for one second, then lower and roll onto your heels.
- Breathe in the rhythm of your normal breathing.
- Repeat 20 times.
3. Solar Plexus Massage
- Stand or sit up with your back straight. Fold the thumbs and forefingers of both hands into a pinch. Inhale and place the folded fingers on a point below the ribs on the solar plexus. on the ribs on the solar plexus. Curl your back and press your fingers on the point. Hold this position for one second, then straighten your back.
- Inhale as you straighten, exhale as you press.
- Repeat 15-20 times.
4. Japanese Vibration
- Lie on your back on a flat surface. Raise your arms and legs slightly bent at the knees. Shake them at the same time, trying to relax your limbs.
- Breathe in a normal rhythm.
- Hold for 1-3 minutes.
- Sit on a flat surface, bend your knees and place your feet together. Place your hands on your knees and squeeze them with medium intensity but at a fast pace so that your knees spring back.
- Breathe normally.
- Repeat 30 times.
- Lie on your back on a flat surface with your legs straight. Bend legs at knees, pull legs up toward chest and return to starting position. The exercise should be done at a fairly fast pace, but comfortable for you so that your breathing does not become labored.
- Breathe in from starting position and exhale as you rotate.
- Repeat 20 times.
Bonus: Lymph Drainage Facial Massage
The above exercises work on the entire body, but to quickly reduce morning puffiness, you can perform a targeted facial massage.
- Gently stroke the fingers of both hands from the center of the forehead to the temples, 10 times.
- Move the index fingers of both hands along the bones under the eyes toward the temples, 10 times.
- Sliding with light pressure with the index fingers of both hands:
- From the point above the upper lip to the sides;
- from the corners of the lips to the sides;
- from the center of the chin a little up and to the sides. Repeat 10 times.
- Finally, slide your fingers from the top of your forehead down your entire face and neck a few times to direct lymph flow.