Are you tired of long, boring workouts that produce little results?
That is why High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) workouts are not only the best way to lose weight fast, but they also target stubborn belly fat.
You can do HIIT workouts at home without the need for expensive gym equipment.
Some of the benefits of HIIT have been proven by study:
- Reduces belly fat
- Improve heart health
- Improve balance, flexibility
- Burn fat even after exercise (thanks to the EPOC process – excess oxygen consumption after exercise).
Here are 5 simple HIIT workouts you can do at home.
- Start in a high plank position, with your hands on the mat just below your shoulders.
- Lower your back to the floor.
- Tighten your abs, use your arms and abs to lift your body back up to the starting position.
- Try to keep your back straight throughout the exercise.
- Do push-ups as many times as possible for 30 seconds continuously, then rest for 10 seconds.
- Stand upright with feet hip width apart.
- Squat down and place hands on floor.
- Jump up and straighten your legs back to land in a plank position, then do push-ups.
- Jump and pull your feet back to your hands, then jump as high as you can, raise your arms above your head, and land.
- Do the burpee as many times as you can for 20 seconds straight, then rest for 10 seconds.
3. Mountain climber
- Start in a high plank position.
- Bring one knee back, then lower that leg to the floor and then switch to the other knee.
- Perform continuous interlacing.
- Basically, you’re running in place in a plank position.
- Do your best for 30 seconds, then rest for 10 seconds.
4. Plank jack
- Start in a plank position with your ankles close together.
- Keeping your body in a straight line from head to heel, squeeze your abs.
- Jump and jump with your feet wide apart, then together.
- It’s basically like you’re doing a horizontal jumping jack.
- Perform the plank jack movement for 10-20 seconds continuously and then rest for 10 seconds.
5. Russian twist
- Begin in seated position with legs extended in front of you.
- Lean back, support your buttocks, bend your knees and lift your feet off the mat.
- Thighs and torso should form a V with the back at a 45 degree angle to the mat.
- Cross arms over chest or clasp hands in front of chest.
- Using your abs, rotate to the right, back to center, and then to the left.
- Perform 2-3 sets, 8-16 repetitions for each set.