Who wouldn’t like to enjoy an ice cream in this hot season? I’m sure everyone would! You must know this creamy food, besides being refreshing and delicious, brings potential health benefits.
It is enough to eat moderately to see the attributes of this snack to our body, since it has scientifically proven to improve mood, help reduce stress, contribute to strengthen bones.
This is because it has a dairy base that supplies an important amount of proteins, calcium, phosphorus, magnesium, potassium, minerals and vitamins.
In addition, it contains carbohydrates that give us the energy we need throughout the day. Without forgetting that another of its advantages is that it maintains the hydration required by our body.
This food is one of the most consumed worldwide, since 7 out of 10 families buy products such as ice cream, especially in spring-summer season, because its consumption increases by 48 %.
As part of International Ice Cream Day, which is commemorated on April 12, the specialist shared 5 facts that show how healthy and tasty it is to eat this favorite dessert for many.
Health benefits of eating ice cream
1. Calcium. Milk-based ice creams provide up to 15 percent of the calcium that people need every day to keep their bones in good condition.
2. Proteins, vitamins and minerals. It is a rich source of protein, as well as vitamins A, B2, B6, C, D and E. It also contains an important amount of minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, sodium and potassium, which contributes to keep our body in optimal conditions.
3. Carbohydrates. It injects the body with the energy it needs on a daily basis, plus it provides only 10 percent of the calories so you can eat it without guilt!
4. Hydration. When the hot days arrive, it is a delicious ally to keep the body hydrated.
5. Food for the soul. In addition to all the health benefits, ice cream responds to a psychological factor, since it is associated with moments of well-being, pleasure and tranquility. According to MSD Animal Health in Mexico, this craving comforts the heart.
How to prepare a vanilla ice cream?
- 750 ml whole milk
- 5 tablespoons of condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 egg
- Vanilla essence to taste
- Place milk, sugar, vanilla essence and condensed milk in a saucepan over medium heat, stir until it starts to boil.
- Then, keep the mixture over low heat and add the beaten egg, continue stirring until the ingredients are incorporated.
- Once the mixture is homogeneous, remove from the heat and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Then, pour the mixture through a strainer into a rectangular container, cover and put it in the freezer for six hours, it is necessary to beat every hour so that it does not crystallize.
- Finally, serve and add your favorite frosting.