Today I bring you three best vegan brownie recipes that have nothing to envy from the traditional one.
Original brownie recipe uses milk and eggs. Both ingredients are of animal origin, so vegans do not consume them. But if you love this dessert and you don’t eat anything of animal origin, you don’t have to give it up.
Dark chocolate, white chocolate or ultra-fast recipe? Prepare all three and then tell me which one you like best.
VEGAN MICROWAVE BROWNIE
Need to prepare a last-minute dessert? Just give me 3 minutes and you’ll have an express vegan brownie. You don’t believe me? Give it a try.
Preparation time: 3 minutes
3 tablespoons of wholemeal flour
1 tablespoon of pure cocoa powder
2 soup spoons of sugar (it can be panela)
1 teaspoon of baking powder
6 tablespoons of unsweetened vegetable milk
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Vegetable syrup (optional)
Nuts or any other nuts (optional)
- The first thing to do is to mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ones and mix again until we have a homogeneous mass, without lumps.
- Add the mixture to a large cup and put it in the microwave for three minutes. I recommend that you put a plate underneath in case some of the dough comes out.
- Take it out of the microwave and decorate it with vegetable syrup and some chopped nuts.
VEGAN AND LOW-CALORIE BROWNIE
Already, vegan brownies tend to have fewer calories than the originals, since you remove fat from butter and cow’s milk. In addition, if you add whole wheat instead of white flour, you reduce the calories even more.
Besides vegan, do you want it to be gluten-free? Use almond flour together and brown rice flour in equal parts.
Preparation time: 60 minutes
250 ml of unsweetened vegetable milk
200 ml of coconut oil
350 grams of brown sugar (you can substitute it with sweetener)
80 grams of cocoa powder without added sugar
120 grams of whole wheat flour
4 flax eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
Dark chocolate chips
- Pr-hot the oven to preheat to 180 ºC
- In the meantime, you can prepare the flax egg. We only have to beat flax seeds with a little water and wait 5 minutes for them to acquire a consistency similar to a chicken egg.
- Take a large bowl and add flax egg together with the vegetable milk, coconut oil, sugar, vanilla extract and salt. Mix well to integrate all the ingredients.
- Add the wholemeal flour and the cocoa. Mix again.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir.
- Pour the mixture into a baking pan suitable for the oven and bake for about 40 minutes.
- When the vegan brownie is ready, take it out of the oven and wait for it to cool down a bit before taking it out of the mold.
- When serving, you can accompany it with vegan ice cream or whipped vegan cream.
VEGAN WHITE CHOCOLATE BROWNIE
Would you like to try something different? Always make a white chocolate vegan brownie. Simply take the previous recipe or the one we proposed in this article and substituting the cocoa for the white chocolate recipe I’ll give you right now. The preparation will take a little more time, but it’s worth it.
Preparation time: 75 minutes
Pure natural cocoa butter for baking ( about 1/3)
1 teaspoon and a half of powdered soy milk
Caster sugar ( 1/4)
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
- Prepare the mixture to make the vegan brownie ( without black cocoa) and set it aside.
- Put water to boil in a pot to melt the cocoa butter in a bain-marie. Stir over a medium heat.
- Add the vanilla extract, remove from the heat and set aside.
In a separate bowl, mix the powdered milk, sugar and salt.
- Add the previous ingredients into the melted chocolate and mix well, until there are no lumps left.
- Pour into the brownie mixture, mix and bake.