No time, but want to get serious about your back, shoulders, abs, and arms? Luckily, we have a 15-minute total-body workout routine that gets around all those hurdles.
We’ve created a beginner-friendly workout that you can do at home using only your body weight. You can do this workout two to four times a week, as long as you take at least one rest day between sessions to give your muscles time to recover.
- Begin on all fours with hands on floor, slightly wider than vertical with shoulders, but in line with them.
- The body should be in a straight line from the shoulders to the ankles.
- Tighten the abdominal muscles as much as possible and hold.
Lower body until chest almost touches floor, making sure elbows are close to torso.
- Pause and return to starting position. Perform 20 repetitions.
2. Knee raises
- Stand with feet hip width apart, facing forward, arms hanging by your sides.
- Jump from one foot to the other, lifting your knees as high as possible, preferably at hip level.
- Touch the floor with the tips of your toes.
- Each time you touch the floor with both feet is one repetition.
- Do a total of 20 repetitions.
- Stand with feet hip width apart and arms at sides.
- Lower to squat position with hands on floor in front of you.
- Return legs to push-up position and lower chest to floor.
- Return to position two and push both feet forward to return to squat position.
- Jump up and raise both hands above your head. Perform 10 repetitions.
4. Jumping jacks
- Stand with feet together and hands at sides.
- In one motion, jump your feet to the side and raise your arms above your head.
- Immediately reverse this motion by jumping back to starting position.
- Perform 30 repetitions.
5. Knee-to-elbow plank
- Start in push-up position.
- Bring your right knee toward your right elbow, making sure your abs are tight and your back is straight.
- Return to starting position and repeat, alternating sides.
- Perform 15 repetitions on each side.
6. Wall squat
- Start by standing about 2 feet (60 centimeters) from a wall with your back against it.
- Slide your back down the wall until your hips and knees are bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Keep your shoulders, upper back, and the back of your head against the wall.
- Both feet should be flat on the floor with weight evenly distributed.
- Hold position for the time required. Repeat 2 sets of 15 seconds.
- Begin by assuming a plank position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight on your forearms, not your hands.
- Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- Contract your core and feel your navel draw toward your spine.
- Hold this position for the time indicated. Repeat 3 sets of 30 seconds.
8. Gluteal bridges
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor.
- Lift your hips off the floor so that your body is in a straight line from your shoulders to your knees.
- Pause in this position and then slowly lower your body to the floor.
- Do 2 sets of 12 seconds each.
Keep reading: 10-Minute workout to burn fat and tone thighs in one month