Most of us often ignore inner thighs and do not include them in our skin care regimen. Regardless of your ethnic background or skin tone, anyone can experience the problem of dark inner thighs.
This could be embarrassing and constantly makes you conscious while sporting a bikini or shorts. There are many reasons for dark or discolored inner thighs like hormonal imbalance, during pregnancy, dry skin, prolong exposure to harmful UV rays, friction between the thighs due to tight clothes, side effects of certain medications and many more.
Don’t let those dark spots and marks bother you anymore, try these home remedies to lighten the inner thighs.
1. Turmeric Pack to lighten dark inner thighs
Turmeric is one such amazing natural ingredient which is frequently used in all kind of beauty practices and it suits all types of Skin. This kitchen ingredient makes it a simple and cost-effective choice for skin care.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of Turmeric powder with a teaspoon of milk or curd and apply it on your thighs.
- Allow it to dry for 5 to 10 minutes and rinse off with water. Use this home remedy once daily.
2. Sugar, honey and lemon
Sugar is a natural exfoliate that helps remove dead skin cells from the area. Honey helps moisturize the skin and lemon reduces pigmentation.
- Mix one tablespoon of honey with the juice of half a lemon and one tablespoon of sugar.
- Apply the paste to the inner thighs and gently rub in circular motions until the sugar disappears.
- Let it sit for 10 minutes and then wash it off with water. Learn more about the benefits of honey and the different ways to use it.
3. Almond oil and aloe vera gel
Aloe vera will help in reducing inflammation as well as repairing the skin quickly and can be used on all skin types. On the other hand, almond oil, since it has vitamins E, will help lighten dark thighs.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of aloe vera gel and add a few drops of almond oil.
- Massage your inner thighs with this pack until the skin absorbs it all.
- Remove with water if it feels sticky or leave it alone.
4. Sandalwood and cucumber
Both are natural cooling agents that soothe sensitive skin on inner thighs. The addition of lemon in this pack makes it acidic, which helps lighten dark spots.
- Peel and grate a cucumber and add a tablespoon of sandalwood powder. Add lemon juice and mix well.
- Apply it on the inner thighs and leave it until it dries.
- Then wash it off.
- If you have chafing, omit the lemon juice and use this pack to soothe the area.
5. Coconut oil with lemon juice
Coconut oil helps lighten hyperpigmentation of skin and also moisturizes dry skin. While lemon juice acts as a natural bleaching agent and helps to remove blemishes. This will make this pack a natural moisturizing whitener.
- Take 3 tablespoons of coconut oil and add the juice of half a lemon.
- Apply it on the inner thighs and massage for 15 minutes.
- Wash the area with warm water and dry with a cloth.
6. Almond oil, milk and honey
Almond oil is rich in vitamin Y as well, which is responsible for brightening the skin tone. Milk and honey prevent infection and also moisturize the area.
- Take 2 tablespoons of milk and 1 tablespoon of honey in it. Add 1 teaspoon of almond oil as well.
- Apply it on the inner thighs and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash it off with water once it dries.
7. Oatmeal, curd and honey
Oatmeal helps exfoliate the skin while curd makes it soft and honey has antibacterial properties. Using this pack helps provide overall benefits to the inner thigh area. Apart from this, the oatmeal canine also helps in getting beautiful skin and coat.
- Take a tablespoon of oatmeal and add sour curd to it. Also add a few drops of honey to it.
- Apply this thick paste on the inner thighs and rub the area gently.
- Wash off after a few minutes and pat dry.
8. Tomato, potato juice and bee honey
Tomato and potato juice, work well as bleaching agents on dark parts of the skin such as the crotch or any other part of the body, but are particularly important for people who have very sensitive skin. On the other hand, honey will act as a moisturizer and soothing agent. This remedy is good for stubborn dark spots as well.
- Add half a peeled and grated potato to tomato juice (same amount) before adding a few drops of honey.
- Rub this mixture on the dark crotch gently.
- Wash the paste after about 5-10 minutes and before doing so pat, then dry with a clean cloth.
9. Orange peel with honey
Orange peel is full of vitamin C which also acts as a bleaching agent. When mixed with honey, the mixture softens and makes the skin blemish-free.
- Take the peel of an orange and a tablespoon of honey.
- Squeeze the peel to release its acidic contents into the honey.
- Now grate or powder the peel and add it to the honey.
- Now apply this sticky paste on the inner thighs.
- Wash it off after 15 minutes with running water, and the stickiness will disappear. You can also use orange peel to solve other beauty problems.
10. Rose water, lemon and glycerin
If you want your inner thighs to be smooth and blemish-free, use this pack. The three ingredients lighten skin tone and also moisturize the area.
- Take a tablespoon of lemon juice and glycerin. Now add 3 to 4 drops of rose water.
- Apply the pack on the inner thighs before going to bed. Leave it on overnight.
- You will wash the area with water the next morning while bathing.