If you don’t exercise because the cost of gym is too high, starting today, you’ll have to look for another excuse, because we give you a complete 30-minute workout routine with excellent results.
Jumping rope is an excellent cardiovascular exercise that is more effective than running and helps us burn calories while toning our bodies, especially arms, legs and buttocks.
According a Harvard University article, jumping rope makes us burn up to 444 calories, in just 30 minutes! This depends on your weight, for example if your weight is around 56 kilos: you will burn 300 calories; people of 70 kilos: 372 calories and if you weigh 85 kilos: you will burn up to 444 calories.
10-Day Jump Rope Challenge to Melt Fat
You will need a jump rope for this challenge, and an interval timer. Using a timer on your phone will work great.
Jump and rest for the time specified for each day, then continue this pattern until reaching the designated time limit!
Day 1: 15 seconds on 15 seconds off for 10 minutes
Day 2: 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 10 minutes
Day 3: 45 seconds on 15 seconds off for 10 minutes
Day 4: 15 seconds on 15 seconds off for 15 minutes
Day 5: 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 15 minutes
Day 6: 15 seconds on 15 seconds off for 20 minutes
Day 7: 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 20 minutes
Day 8: 45 seconds on 15 seconds off for 20 minutes
Day 9: 30 seconds on 30 seconds off for 25 minutes
Day 10: 45 seconds on 15 seconds off for 30 minutes
Benefits of jump rope
Let’s take a look at all the benefits of jump rope regularly:
1. It is one of the best exercises for cardio and HIIT (high intensity interval training).
2. Jump rope burns about 1,300 calories/hour. Therefore, it can basically be called an effective fat burner.
3. Jump rope as an exercise burns more calories compared to running. At the same time it does not require going outdoors. It can be done anywhere.
4. It’s one of the cheapest forms of exercise you can do.
5. Jump rope helps in muscle toning as it is basically a bodyweight exercise.
6. Improves footwork, balance, coordination and agility. Most runners and other athletes jump rope for training.
7. It is one of the best exercises for resistance training and conditioning.
8. Jump rope gives the whole body a workout. It is especially good for toning and building thighs, calves, and calf muscles. At the same time, it also works on the abs and arms.
9. Engages and improves the hip flexor muscles.
10. Studies show that jump rope exercises put less pressure on, and are less taxing on, the joints than running. It is a low impact exercise and therefore a better option.
11. Improves cardiovascular health, as it improves the rate of heartbeat. It is beneficial for patients with high blood pressure.
12. Jump rope is something anyone can do, from beginners to advanced level.
13. Jump rope is also known to help in improving bone density.
14. All the equipment required is a jump rope, which can fit in your carry-on bag and is travel-friendly. So you don’t have to miss your workout, all you need is a rope and an open area to burn calories.
You will start seeing results in just a few days with this jump rope challenge, so don’t wait any longer and get started today.